Elevating Athletics for... Teachers
- Elevating Athletics is quite simply the base of all sports lessons – so what more do you need?
- Not that much really, because every state school in the UK should have a free copy, but it’s worth nothing the following points:
- If you’ve just joined your school staff and can’t lay your hands on a copy of Elevating Athletics, then register as a member for the British Athletics Academy – as soon as you register you’ll have access to a fully downloadable version of the pack as well as a print on demand function. If you want another hard copy, you can buy one online at the Youth Sport Trust Direct website.
- A teacher in every school will also be offered the chance to attend an Elevating Athletics Teacher workshop to support the use of the resource. To find out if there’s a course near, you can contact your Home Country Athletics Federation.
Elevating Athletics for... Parents
- Did you know that along with teachers, you’re the most important guiding factor in getting and keeping children involved in sport? And you thought it was their sporting hero! If your child likes athletics see if their school has received their Elevating Athletics pack and direct them towards this website for more information.
Elevating Athletics for... Young Athletes
- Elevating Athletics can help you enjoy your PE lessons even more than you do already!
- You might not realise it, but learning to run, jump and throw will prepare you to take on every event in athletics and can help you perform at your best in almost any sport you decide to get involved in!
- British Athletics Academy ambassador Jessica Ennis has to compete in SEVEN different athletics events during the heptathlon and every one of those events involves running, jumping and throwing, so you get the drift!