Sportshall for Teachers
- Sportshall is a great way to give your pupils and aspiring young athletes a taste of athletics competition.
- Teams can compete locally, regionally and then nationally for a place in the national final that takes place every April.
- The Sportshall athletics team can help you with any query to bring Sportshall to your school next winter with their support services
- Whether it’s a free planning session, teacher training, support in developing Sports Leaders or the implementation of a complete development programme, the team are ready to assist.
- For further details, downloads and support services can be found via the Sportshall website.
Sportshall for Parents
- If your child takes part in athletics during the summer but not during the winter then you can direct their school towards Sportshall athletics.
- It’s a great competition format that can be run as an intra or extra curricular activity.
- Held indoors, it enables young athletes to try athletics all year round in a comfortable fun (and warm) environment!
Sportshall for Young Athletes
- So – you like athletics but don’t get to take part in the winter?
- Perhaps your school hasn’t got a cross country team or isn’t able to run athletics outdoors all year round?
- Then recommend Sportshall to your PE teachers, a great way for you to spend a PE lesson or to show just how good you are at those speedbounces!
- To get involved in Aviva Sportshall athletics or to find out where it is happening near you use the British Athletics Academy event calendar to find out dates for next winter’s events.
- Or even send your teacher the link to the Sportshall website