For all Startrack related queries, call 0192 6458 193.
Due to the sheer number, variety and differing formats of holiday activity and athletics schemes in operation, UKA ceased production of goody bags specifically for the Startrack scheme in 2013. However UKA have continued to allow organisers to advertise dates on the academy website and provided items where resource has permitted us to do so. Whilst UKA no longer formally administers the Startrack scheme – a number of organisers choose to use this brand to retain the continuity of their activity and this is why it is still often seen taking place across the UK.
Helping to develop your skills…
Startrack is a superb programme that helps teachers, coaches and sports leaders to provide year-round coaching and training opportunities after school, during holiday periods and at weekends.
The scheme is British Athletics' flagship grassroots athletics programme, aiming to give 8 to 15 year olds real athletics experiences and help them to develop skills.
Did you know?
- Jessica Ennis started her athletics career taking part in Startrack as a 10 year old!
- Startrack schemes can be run locally, organised by a range of bodies including local authority development units, clubs, schools and partnerships.
- Each scheme is led by UKA qualified coaches and they take place right across the UK.
- Every year more than 20,000 children take part in Startrack schemes.
- Startrack is a great way of helping young athletes in transition from school to club athletics.
- Startrack provides organisers with great resources so that children in their area can enjoy the best possible sporting start.
- Startrack can be used 365 Days a year, as an after school club, a holiday programme, or the basis of an athletics club's youth development programme.
- Startrack is a fun athletics experience in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Visit the Events Calendar to find your nearest Startrack session.
How your club can benefit from hosting Startrack:
UKA and Home Country athletics bodies know that by using Startrack you can:
- Raise the profile of athletics amongst young athletes and their parents in the community.
- Introduce children to athletics in a fun and exciting format.
- Introduce athletics to minority groups or areas where staging athletics can be a challenge.
- Introduce, support and develop coaches and officials by providing a new way of experiencing this sport for the first time.
- Encourage more young people to become involved and to stay involved in athletics, with Startrack a brilliant way to help promising youngsters access other Academy Programmes.
- Helps children to improve athletic skills in a relaxed environment so they have confidence in progressing and give them the opportunity to progress their performance.